Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ice Packs in Bras

I know you are wondering..where is she going with a title like that.





Any female who has ever undergone a breast biopsy, probably knew right away what I was referring to.

But for those of you that don't know that joy...whenever you have a breast biopsy, you will spend a few days wearing an ice pack in your bra to try to alleviate the pain. You will also find...that you have to wear your godforsaken bra 24/7 for a couple of days to help alleviate discomfort. Not something I find pleasurable.

So as I sit in the office today, with my fairly tight bra on and my ice pack safely tucked in, I am uncomfortable, sore and yet thankful that my breasts are still my own, even if they don't want to play well with medical society.

One cannot find a comfortable position when the breast is sore. Move your arm too much and you get a reminder. Do too much (because you feel pretty good) and you will get a reminder in a bit.

I'm guessing my uncomfortableness probably ties back to trying to do a little too much this AM. Putting a raffle basket together, putting things away, bringing up the crock pot for the corned beef, trying to carry everything into the office. And not being able to find a comfortable sleeping position last night. If I had slept on my back, the cat would have been laying on my chest. Not acceptable. Laying on the left side-too much pressure. Laying on the right side..just can't get comfortable.

I know it will all pass soon, but the irony of having to put an ice pack in my bra while at the office just struck me as funny and odd at the same time.

Happy Tuesday! Cheers to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment