Thursday, December 24, 2015

My Megace Adventure

I'm going to take you on a little adventure. It's called the adventure of megace. Megace can be your lifesaver but at the same time it can be your worse enemy. Two simple little white pills. Pop 2 in the AM, pop 2 in the PM. That's it. That's all it takes to join this fun adventure. Megace is prescribed for many, many reasons. An appetite stimulant in those with challenges such as maintaining weight, no appetite, cancer, etc. It can be prescribed to combat endometrial dysplasia or cancers of the lady parts. I am sure it has many other uses as well. Here's where my adventure begins. Here are my side effects of megace and when all is said and done, why I will never take it again. I will consider a hysterectomy over megace. I am 3 months into my story on megace. Everyday is a struggle, a challenge. Remember I said, it's simply 2 little white pills in the AM and 2 in the PM..so that's not too much of a struggle. The struggle comes from the personality change, the horrible mood swings, the hot flashes, the night sweats, the anxiety, the constant need to have something food related in your mouth, not being able to get enough to drink, the weight gain, the having to get up in the middle of the night to pee and occasionally change your clothes because you are soaked. And those are just the big ticket items. The smaller items include breaking a crown from having to constantly be chewing on something, lack of sex drive-I mean zero, nada, nilch, the general overall feeling of demise, blah and ugh. Everyday when I swallow those simple 2 little white pills, I have to remind myself of the end goal, that I can get thru this. My health is at stake, my ability to have children is at stake. I have come too far on my infertility journey to stop now and just give up. 3 months ladies and gents. 1/2 way there yet still a long 3 months to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment