Tuesday, February 28, 2012

40 bags in 40 days

So I am going to start this post off by stating a few things:
1) I am in no way trying to push religion down your throat-If you know me, you know I am not that religious
2) You don't have to be catholic, religious, or even believe in a higher being to take on this challenge. If you need to justify wanting to do this...do it for the greater good of the world.
3) I am aware that Lent started 6 days ago. But I just found this thread today & thought it sounded like a cool thing to try.

So here we go...40 bags in 40 days challenge. Google it!
Here is one of the links I found: http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/blog/40_bags_in_40_days/

The basic premise is..that during the 40 days of Lent (now 34 days) you dispose of 1 bag from your home each day. Basically a way to declutter your home, your life, your everything. You can donate to Goodwill, another worthy cause or put it out for the trash. It's simple enough that you can get your kids to help or even join you in the challenge.

Let me know what you think & let me know how you are making out.

I know I will not get 1 bag each day but this challenge will help me to be more conscious about what is surrounding me and what I bring into my life.

Cheers!

P.S. An update..Miss Winnie is doing much better. The seizures seem to have subsided. She is back to running the woods with her sister and chasing small critters-that they never catch.





Miss Emma (our fat cat) was diagnosed today with cancer. She has gone from 23 lbs down to 12 lbs. We are making her as comfortable as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment