Sunday, November 27, 2011

day before deer season in NEPA

Another beautiful sunny, Sunday out there. My girls are outside getting their dose of vitamin D & I hope to be joining them shortly.  Few errands to run before I can.

Tomorrow is the first day of deer here in NEPA. I think it's considered a holiday for most. Schools close, men schedule vacation time, wives empty out the freezers in anticipation. What is my role in all this? My errands this morning consist of helping the man get ready. Buying clothes, hanging the stand, making sure we know where everything is that he will need in the AM. Than tomorrow I will groggily wish him good luck & than fall back asleep until it is time to get the pups up and leash walk them before heading off to work at an appropriate enough time so as not to disturb the deer that may be crossing. I will wait with anticipation for the phone call to tell me that he got the handsome buck that we've been watching, than I will be calling around for prices on a freezer. When I get home the deer will be ready for pictures (my favorite part) and than off we'll go to the butcher. When the meat comes home, there will be lots of chili, kielbasa & roasts made. Yum! I like the benefits of deer season.

Hoping to get out for some pictures today. Did not make it to Hillside Farms yesterday. But I did find lots of fun stuff at the Red Cross Craft show. Hats, fingerless gloves, fork necklaces, pottery for my brother.

Enjoy your day! Hope the sun is shining where you are.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment