Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving. A special thanks to my friends that shared special pictures and thoughts with me today.

I spent Thanksgiving enjoying a cozy little dinner for two at a restaurant. Thanks to my hubby for the wonderful company & conversation. It was quaint, it was intimate & it was just perfect.

I spent the morning attempting to take some artsy type photos at our local state park. I think some turned out well but the one I really wanted didn't turn out. As I was walking up to the boat launch, I heard some geese in the distance. This was a great sound as it was just me, the water, the wind & the sun in the launch area. I turned to look for the geese & saw they were in a beautiful formation not too far from me. I pulled up the 35 mm to take some pics (I just believe the pics on the 35 mm turn out better) and ran into an error. So than I scrambled to turn the digital on & it is older so it just wouldn't get to where I needed to be. So I finally took a deep breath, relaxed and enjoyed the view before me. Those beautiful geese came in for a landing on the water & it was one of the most awesome sights I have seen. Graceful, beautiful, peaceful, tranquil.

My whole morning was filled with grace, beauty, peace & tranquility. I saw about a dozen deer on my drive over to the park. Followed by about 2 dozen ducks in a pond near a new housing development, than the geese at the park. That was a new part of the park for me to explore & I can't wait to get back there & spend some more time. I even packed my hiking boots today not knowing what I felt like doing. Every time I go to the park it seems like news things pop out at me. Today I found two new parking spaces & a new trail to explore. Can't wait.

So I'll leave you tonight with an artsy photo I took this summer. This was around the time of our flooding in 2011.


Enjoy your many blessings, find peace, light and love in all that you do. Love yourself always.

No comments:

Post a Comment