Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Paying it Forward

 I am a firm believer in the action of "paying it forward". Be it with a simple smile, a kind word, a heartfelt note to someone in need or paying for the person in line behind me at the drive thru. I believe kindness starts with me.


I have been following a Caring Bridge Journal for sometime now and want to share it with you. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/patrickplys/journal/1





Patrick Plys son, Chris Plys, was in the olympics and I believe that is where I first heard about Patrick's story. Patrick's wife Laura writes beautiful entries in their caring bridge journal and inspires me with her writings. There are so many things I would love to share with you about Patrick. I"ve never met him but feel like I know him thru following their story. Patrick recently had a birthday & asked that everyone send him a birthday card to help celebrate his birthday. Imagine their surprise when they were overwhelmed with over 300 birthday cards. Each & every card was read by the family (in shifts). 


But recently Patrick & Laura were told by the doctors that they have exhausted all resources in Patrick's fight.  I cried as I read that entry. Than today I cried again when I read how many birthday cards they received & that they read each one.

**UPDATE** it is with tears in my eyes that I write this. Patrick ended his battle on Friday 1/6/12. He fought the good fight and did so with Joy in his heart. Until the end Patrick believed that "Miracles Do Happen!" While I know that Patrick is now an angel watching over his family, I am saddened at his passing. My gratefulness goes out to his wife Laura and all their children for openly choosing to share Patrick's journey on the web. I hope in turn the whole world will hold you in the palm of their hand during this sorrowful time. ****

So I will be including them in my Christmas Card list and sending a card. I hope that you will think about them & possibly include them in your list as well.

Patrick & Laura Plys
4120 Gilliat St
Duluth, MN 55804

I tell you..these Minnesota people that have been popping up in my life lately have touched me dearly. Thanks you Minnesotans.

Cheers all!

No comments:

Post a Comment